At SunBlue Energy, we strive for independence in our lives and in the lives of our customers. SunBlue Energy’s goal is to power the world with the sun. We want to introduce the world to solar by educating and being responsive to our customers, creating roles that are challenging for our employees, and making each of us independent stewards of our environment.
SunBlue Energy was founded on the desire for independence. Chris Hale was working in a rewarding, financially secure job in Corporate America. Then his daughter was born. Looking down the line, he saw a career path where he could be laid off in his mid-50s. Wanting more security for his family, he saw an opportunity.
Chris and his wife, Meredith, walked through their neighborhood in Sleepy Hollow, NY, pushing their two-month old daughter in her stroller. They decided to quit their corporate jobs and strike out on their own. Meredith would be freelance writer and editor. Chris would start SunBlue Energy.
It was the height of the financial crisis in 2009. Millions of jobs were being lost. Chris and Meredith wanted to create a world in which they controlled their own fate. They knew that in order to be truly secure, they would have to create their own jobs.
How did things turn out? As with any family, life is a work in progress. They work, pick up the kids at school, and run around like all families do. Today, SunBlue Energy is a well-respected local company that has been humbled by praise from its customers and inspired by its team of twelve individuals who all went into the solar energy field to make the world a better place.
Like Chris and Meredith, everyone desires financial independence. Solar energy is an easy step your family can take to gain independence and protect the planet.
- Home. By owning your own solar energy system, you are no longer dependent on the utility for all your energy needs.
- Investment. Your solar system pays you an annual dividend of 8-15% per year for 30 years. There is no more reliable investment you can make — not in real estate, stocks or bonds, or your retirement portfolio.
- Utility. Solar strengthens the electrical grid by creating power at peak hours.
- Security. By creating our own electricity, we as a country are less dependent on foreign sources of fuel.
- Jobs. Investing in solar is investing in jobs. Solar investments create more jobs per megawatt than any other energy resource.
- Environment. By burning fewer fossil fuels, you save the equivalent of an acre — roughly 40,000 square feet — of trees every two years.
When you go solar, you stake your claim in the future of energy. You’re not sitting on the sidelines, letting others care for the environment or take advantage of generous tax credits. You’re charting your own course, just like Chris and Meredith did back in 2009. Charting your own course toward energy and financial independence.